From marketing and promotions to security and reliability, SAP can be used to boost those all-important customer and internal stakeholder engagement levels; it can also provide greater flexibility for your users, as well as increasing the accessibility of information — essential in today’s ‘need it now’ culture. But the benefits don’t end there.
SAP also promises to:
- Increase operational efficiency and enhance workforce productivity
- Improve customer satisfaction levels
- Reduce personnel, IT and maintenance costs
- Provide competitive differentiation
- Reduce sales cycle time
- Increase reach and proximity to the customer
- Enable accurate and faster decision making
- Reduce fraud by providing a secure data infrastructure
In today’s globally competitive market, can you really afford to be without it?
37% of the world’s workforce will be mobile by 2015*
Mobile is changing the way that your customers operate, but it’s also changing the way that your employees behave. With the dawn of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), today’s workers expect their employers to move with the times, equip them with up-to-date technology, and afford them the flexibility to bring their own device (be that tablet or smartphone) to the workplace.
Aside from issues of attraction, engagement and retention, evolving company policy to accommodate the shift in mobile usage can also have a profound impact on your business performance — helped in no small measure by the implementation of SAP. In fact, 36% of workers are found to be more productive with SAP, and three in five employees say they don’t need to be in the office to be productive.**
With SAP solutions, virtual boardrooms can be created from a single tablet, managers have the freedom to approve reports and requests from their smartphones, and workers are at liberty to instantly communicate and collaborate with their colleagues from any device, in any location.
Other business benefits include:
- Marketing: execute campaigns to reach the mobile generation
- Sales: close faster with instant access to customers and data
- Plant operators: track assets and monitor inventory from smartphones
- Warehouse: eliminate manual steps with faster automated logistics
- Customer support: reduce failed calls through access to service data and experts
- Partners: increase accessibility through supply chain and demand
- Consumers: transact with mobile applications for day to day activities
Deploying the resources of the future
With our finger on the pulse of industry trends, we can deliver the resources and expertise you need to navigate upcoming movements — placing you one step ahead of your competitors, and helping to ensure the longevity of your business.
As SAP recruitment specialists, we understand the transformative potential of SAP solutions. With firsthand access to the market’s most experienced and technically proficient SAP professionals, we can help you to define and implement a clear mobile strategy that works for your organisation, and provide you with the people you need to make it happen.
Recently, there is increased appetite for SAP Mobile solutions across every industry sector, which means that SAP professionals — particularly those with expertise in Fiori and SMP — will be in high demand.
* CIO Magazine March 2013
** Forbes 2011